How is Park Brow complying with the public sector equality duty?
Our school aims to meet its obligations under the public sector equality duty by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
Our equality vision and values underpin life at Park Brow Primary School.
At Park Brow we aim to provide equality and excellence for all in order to promote the highest possible standards.
Our Equality Scheme is based on the following core values that encompass the aims of our school.
In order to achieve this Park Brow provides:
- A wide range of learning opportunities for the children, both as individuals and as members of group
- A stimulating and attractive environment.
- Early identification of a pupil’s difficulties and ways to resolve them.
- High but realisable goals in all aspects of learning.
- Many opportunities for each child to experience success and to receive recognition for achievement.
- Access to a broad and balanced approach to the National Curriculum modified where necessary to meet the individual needs of the child.
- A positive commitment to work in partnership with parents and professional services in promoting the best interests of the children.
- Equal opportunities for all members of the school community.
- A stable and consistent approach to all aspects of behaviour.